- "In this tale of love, madness and murder - Joe will prove what kind of man he is. But what kind of man is he exactly? A loving husband? A cold realist? A bitter skeptic? That is something you will decide, as you join him on his journey for redemption..."
- — Game's Description
|Release(s)||February 14th, 2016|
February 15th, 2016
|Engine||Adventure Game Studio|
Downfall is a story-driven horror adventure game developed by Remigiusz Michalski under his solo indie video game studio Harvester Games, released on February 14th, 2016 for most platforms and February 15th, 2016 for Steam.
It is based on and follows a similar plotline to Remigiusz Michalski's original game Downfall - A Horror Adventure Game, released in 2009, and is meant to bring a more accurate adaption of the events from Downfall - A Horror Adventure Game to the "Devil Came Through Here Trilogy."
In Downfall, you play Joe Davis, a mentally broken man trying to seek his own redemption. After escaping to the Quiet Haven Hotel with his wife Ivy Davis to try to save their marriage, Ivy disappears, and the only way to find out where she went is through the enigmatic Manageress of the hotel and four women name Sophie.
Development began after Remigiusz Michalski realized the original Downfall couldn't be ported to Steam due to the original source code being corrupted. This also gave him the opportunity to make a much more polished version of Downfall that would be more appropriate in comparison to The Cat Lady and Lorelai.
- Joe Davis
- The protagonist and the character the player controls for most of the game, husband of Ivy Davis and brother of Robbie Davis.
- Ivy Davis
- The deuteragonist of Downfall and the wife of Joe Davis, she appears to have an eating disorder, with evidence pointing towards it being anorexia.
- Dr. Frank Zellman
- Joe's psychiatrist, his "hobby" is unraveling the mysteries of the human body. He appears in Quiet Haven Hotel in order to help Joe.
- The enigmatic manager of Quiet Haven Hotel. Real name unknown, she most likely exist only in Joe's mind and is the personification of the ideal woman, including undesirable qualities.
- Most likely also a personification in Joe's mind, she appears to not only have extreme versions of Ivy's characteristics. Four different versions of her in her life appear in the hotel, called "memories."
- Main Article: Downfall/Gallery